This type of calendar is popular for the creation of tourist packages, birthday calendars, moon phases calendars, event program descriptions, photo books, or any other calendar where some kind of illustration of events is appropriate. Show lists of theaters, cinemas, concert halls, exhibits, museums, shows, tours and practically any kind of calendar where it can be useful to show faces of the people involved or views of the featured locations.
This calendar is easy to install, includes integration with Dreamweaver and comes with a completely visual web admin: it doesn't require any programming knowledge at all. Beside a Dreamweaver extension, we are launching a version that can be used directly, without having to use Dreamweaver, just by copying the files and pasting the code into your webpage.
- Allows to insert one or more images into the cell for each day;
- Each image can be assigned a dynamic floating panel with additional information - title and contents - with visual formatting possibilities, such as bold or italic font, font color, etc;
- Each image can be assigned a link where user is redirected upon clicking on an image;
- Each image can be displayed on one day or on a range of dates, which makes the editing of the calendar easier and faster;
- Installation can be done in a single click from your Dreamweaver menu;
- Administration is 100% web-based and fully visual, very simple and requires no technical knowledge whatsoever;
- Comes with an HTML (WYSIWYG) editor to format content associated with each image;
- Images can be uploaded directly from the admin or can be specified as links to desired images;
- Even though the admin requires PHP, the public calendar can be shown on a page with any extension, including the classic HTML page, because the data are loaded transparently to the user, with Ajax technology.
Below is an example of a public calendar. You can also watch the video demo of installation and administration.
DEMO (Administration console)
Please click here to open the administration area demo in a new window.
- Your server must support PHP scripts.
- You must set writing permissions to the "database" folder located on this path: "DC_PictureCalendar/admin/database" ... and also to all the files and subfolders within the "database" folder.
- If you want to use it as a Dreamweaver extension: Dreamweaver MX or later versions (including Dreamweaver MX 2004, DW 8, CS3, CS4, CS5, CS6,...)
Installation and use:
If you aren't using Dreamweaver then ignore the steps from #1 to #5 below and follow the instructions specified into the "readme.txt" file located into the folder "Non-Dreamweaver version" (after unzipping the downloaded file). Basically just copy the files into your website and start reading from the step #6 below.
To install from Dreamweaver, follow these steps:
- Double-click the ".MXP" file downloaded from our site or use Adobe Extension Manager to open the ".MXP" file (required only once, to install it within Dreamweaver).
- Restart Dreamweaver (required only once after the previous step).
After these steps, the calendar will show up in the menu "Dreamweaver Menu >> Commands >> Insert Picture Calendar".
To insert the calendar into a webpage, follow these steps:
- Open the page where you wish to insert the calendar. This page must be previously saved within the website configured in your Dreamweaver.
- Use the menu option "Dreamweaver Menu >> Commands >> Insert Picture Calendar". The following window will appear:
- In this setup window, select the language in which you want to display your calendar (currently available: English, Spanish, French, Italian, German, Japanese, Portuguese and Dutch.)
- Select the user name and password that you want to use to access the calendar's admin (each calendar can have its own user name & password).
- After clicking on "OK", save your page and upload it to your server along with the folder "DC_PictureCalendar" which was generated automatically within your website.
- On your web server, you must now set writing permissions to the " database" folder located here: : "DC_PictureCalendar/admin/database" ... and also set writing permissions to all files and subfolders within the "database" folder.
- The address from which you can manage your calendar is:
...or, if the calendar is not at the root of your website:
The admin interface is simple and intuitive. After logging in with the user name and password selected during the insertion process, you will see a page like this:
When you add or edit a day, you will see a window like this:
In the window above, the data to be specified are:
- Title & Description: info that will be displayed in the dynamic floating panel for each image.
- Show tooltip on... : Select here if you wish to show the floating panel and when it should be shown (mouse over, mouse click)
- Go to the URL... : Indicates if you wish to associate a link to the image and if it should be opened in the same window or in a new window.
- Select Interval: To select a day or a range of days in which the image and its associated info should be shown.
- Upload / Link to the image: To upload image or to indicate the link to the current location of the image.